Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What the Fuck?

Okay so in December I quit my job. Or well...I tried. I gave my notice as in, Sorry Boss my last day will be, I have accepted a job with A & T. I had been bothered by my long commute, my abusive boss M, and the money. At the time B (my other boss) was stunned. He refused to accept my notice and we had a long drawn out conversation. I indicated that one of my motivations for the new position was more money, a closer commute, the option to work from home, and getting away from M, who basically just doesn't like women, and sometimes overestimates my abilities as an attorney often to my detriment.

At the time B agreed that my compensation was less than stellar, that I did indeed deserve access to a mysterious retirement plan, of which I have heard much but have never received any information on. Also it was agreed that the M situation had to change. At the time I was assured there would be more money, a retirement plan, more transactional work, and less litigation. So after lots of talking and a little soul searching I decided to stay on. I gave B the first quarter of 2008 to come through.

So far all I can say is WHAT THE FUCK. I have to date received no raise nor a conversation regarding the potential to make more money. I have reminded my boss about the IRA three times to no avail. I am still driving 42 miles round trip daily. I am still doing lots of work for M, and ever more work for B, which translates to more hours. And finally MY HEALTH INSURANCE WAS REDUCED. No its true. Before I paid a $20 co-pay. And now I have to pay a deductible of $1500 before I am covered. In theory my bosses will pay this $1500 over the course of ten months by depositing $150 monthly to a health savings account. Perhaps this works for people who do not use their health care coverage, funnily this is not me.

Currently my projected out of pockets will be $603 until the $1500 deductible is satisfied. Sorry people. Its called therapy. And all sorts of meds. Did you know a typical office visit is $115.00, neither did I until now. Here we are one month in, and I still don't have the $150. THIS SUCKS because I did not anticipate suddenly having to pay so much out of pocket.

Someone please tell me what to do? I have none of these "promises" in writing (a lesson learned)...I feel like I got screwed, especially in light of the fact the new attorney who has been there 6 weeks makes $50,000 more than me, annually. Yes its true, she is worth two people to my one. Bitch.

So all you savvy career people, help me with my negotiation skills here! I gave up all the power!

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Sad proof that once again we share a life... I tried to quit an abusive job twice, and found myself working for an additional several months before I quit a third and final time. No one accepted my resignation for a while. My only advice is: quit, then stop coming in. That's how it worked for me.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home